Today, we are wrapping up our COVID-19 career series. There are more than THIRTY posts. Of course, we will continue providing career-related information.
In addition, we present a link to a job-related resource that may be helpful to you. Today, we highlight Careers in Government: Careers In Government (CIG) is dedicated to matching qualified individuals with challenging and rewarding careers in government and the public sector. Additionally, CIG is a forum for the exchange of news and information of interest to more than 20 million Americans working, or seeking employment, in public sector occupations. CIG was created and developed by public sector employees! The screenshot shows the main page related to COVID-19. Click it to go there.
Wrapping Up Our COVID-19 Career Series
In chronological order, these are the articles from this career series:
- Resuming Your Career After COVID-19 — We know that many of you are concerned about resuming your career after COVID-19. As a result, beginning next week we will offer several new posts to assist you going forward.
- Properly Projecting YOUR Self-Brand — Importantly, the first activity you should embark on is properly projecting YOUR self-brand. Then, every other career-related activity you undertake should flow from this one. Today, an overview of self-branding. With an easy-to-follow format to guide you.
- The Process for Projecting YOUR Self-Brand — Now, we cover all the steps in more detail: the process for projecting YOUR self-brand. With lots of tips and examples. Including flowcharts, infographics, and video clips.
- Bonus Career Advice on Social Currency –– Social currency is the power and influence you yield in your social networking circle to influence the world around you.
- Job Status – What to Think About Right Now — Before moving forward with long-term career planning, we need to consider what to think about right now. And act accordingly.
- Resuming Your Career DURING COVID-19 — Here, we look at one topic that may be stressing you if you need to find work as soon as possible.
- FREE Career Books — After a rigorous online search, we discovered these free career books. There should be at least one that is appealing to you.
- Job Search Preparation — Your preparation depends on factors such as the stage of your career, your current job status, your desired career path, and the gap analysis you discovered during the self-branding process.
- Job Search for New College Grads — Due to COVID-19, many new grads will need to restart the job search. And possibly turn to new career interests. Both time-consuming and anxiety-provoking activities.
- Revisiting Job Status – What to Think About Right Now — The short-run key is to weather the COVID-19 storm as best as possible. As a result, today, we are revisiting job status – what to think about right now.
- State-by-State COVID-19 Job Resources — We cite several open jobs. And then, we look at state COVID-19 job resources.
- Virtual Hiring and Onboarding — Some firms are changing their human resource practices to reflect the inability for personal contact. Turning to virtual hiring and onboarding practices.
- Using a Resume to Promote Your Self-Brand — You need to be sure that your resume reflects your current self-brand.
- Job Search Mistakes to Avoid — We look at job search mistakes to avoid. Why? Because it’s as important to learn what not to do as it is to learn what to do.
- Changing Your Career – Part One — If you decide to re-position yourself for a new career path, what considerations will be necessary?
- Changing Your Career – Part Two — Here, we discuss resume revisions needed if we change careers.
- Tools If You Lose Your Job — We offer tools if you lose your jobs, with templates from Intuit Turbo.
- Will Remote Working Continue Its Popularity? — As we emerge from self-quarantining, there is a big career-related question ahead.
- Stand Out in the Remote Work Marketplace — How about YOU? Are you doing all that you can to stand out in the remote work marketplace?
- Valuable Interview Tips — We offer additional valuable interview tips, both for digital/phone and in-person. As the economy re-opens.
- Vertical Versus Horizontal Career Paths — We have written many times about career paths. But not about vertical versus horizontal careers. That changes here.
- A New Product Management Infographic — We highlight a new product management infographic from 280 Group.
- Largest Employers 2020 – Accounting for COVID-19 — As you examine career path possibilities during and after the COVID-19 crisis, consider the top employer 2020 rankings.
- Best Employer 2020 Rankings — In this article, we consider the best employer 2020 rankings.
- Exceptional Workplace Award — Gallup annually conducts a study on great workplaces. To determine which companies provide the best workplace environment. It recently released 2020 findings.
- Free Online Marketing Courses — As we navigate the COVID-19 workplace, now may be a good time to sharpen our skills. We offer links to a number of free online marketing courses.
- Prepping for a Social Media Manager Career — If you want to move into social media management — or get promoted, this post is for you.
- Career-Related Mistakes to Avoid — After striving so hard to secure the job you want, the journey does not end. To a great extent, it is just starting. Thus, always keep in mind the career-related mistakes to avoid.
- More Remote Working Resources — As we noted earlier, remote employment will continue growing. Thus, we offer more remote working resources today. Including links to Web sites.
- The Interview Before the Interview — Suppose you want to practice more before actual job appointments. To help you, we discuss this Web site.
- Do YOU Have What It Takes to Lead? — Take the quiz in this post to see.