Here, we will cite links to all of the posts in our COVID-19 job series. This is our cumulative June 12 recap of our current career series.
In addition, we will present a link to a job-related resource that may be helpful to you. Today, we highlight CareerBuilder: Find a job near you and in companies and industries that are hiring right now. Utilize careerbuilder.com/salary to learn what you should be earning, at what job title, and in your city. The screenshot shows the main page. Click it to go there.
May 29 Recap of Our Current Career Series
In chronological order, these are the articles from this career series:
- Resuming Your Career After COVID-19 — We know that many of you are concerned about resuming your career after COVID-19. As a result, beginning next week we will offer several new posts to assist you going forward.
- Properly Projecting YOUR Self-Brand — Importantly, the first activity you should embark on is properly projecting YOUR self-brand. Then, every other career-related activity you undertake should flow from this one. Today, an overview of self-branding. With an easy-to-follow format to guide you.
- The Process for Projecting YOUR Self-Brand — Now, we cover all the steps in more detail: the process for projecting YOUR self-brand. With lots of tips and examples. Including flowcharts, infographics, and video clips.
- Bonus Career Advice on Social Currency –– Social currency is the power and influence you yield in your social networking circle to influence the world around you.
- Job Status – What to Think About Right Now — Before moving forward with long-term career planning, we need to consider what to think about right now. And act accordingly.
- Resuming Your Career DURING COVID-19 — Here, we look at one topic that may be stressing you if you need to find work as soon as possible.
- FREE Career Books — After a rigorous online search, we discovered these free career books. There should be at least one that is appealing to you.
- Job Search Preparation — Your preparation depends on factors such as the stage of your career, your current job status, your desired career path, and the gap analysis you discovered during the self-branding process.
- Job Search for New College Grads — Due to COVID-19, many new grads will need to restart the job search. And possibly turn to new career interests. Both time-consuming and anxiety-provoking activities.
- Revisiting Job Status – What to Think About Right Now — The short-run key is to weather the COVID-19 storm as best as possible. As a result, today, we are revisiting job status – what to think about right now.
- State-by-State COVID-19 Job Resources — We cite several open jobs. And then, we look at state COVID-19 job resources.
- Virtual Hiring and Onboarding — Some firms are changing their human resource practices to reflect the inability for personal contact. Turning to virtual hiring and onboarding practices.
- Using a Resume to Promote Your Self-Brand — You need to be sure that your resume reflects your current self-brand.
- Job Search Mistakes to Avoid — We look at job search mistakes to avoid. Why? Because it’s as important to learn what not to do as it is to learn what to do.
- Changing Your Career – Part One — If you decide to re-position yourself for a new career path, what considerations will be necessary?
- Changing Your Career – Part Two — Here, we discuss resume revisions needed if we change careers.
- Tools If You Lose Your Job — We offer tools if you lose your jobs, with templates from Intuit Turbo.
- Will Remote Working Continue Its Popularity? — As we emerge from self-quarantining, there is a big career-related question ahead. Will remote working continue Its popularity?
- Stand Out in the Remote Work Marketplace — How about YOU? Are you doing all that you can to stand out in the remote work marketplace?
- Valuable Interview Tips — We offer additional valuable interview tips, both for digital/phone and in-person. As the economy re-opens.
- Vertical Versus Horizontal Career Paths — We have written many times about career paths. But not about vertical versus horizontal careers. That changes with this post.
- A New Product Management Infographic — We highlight a new product management infographic from 280 Group.