Holiday Shopping Tips for YOU!!

10 Dec

Every year, I offer a list of holiday shopping tips intended to help shoppers avoid being ripped off or overspending their budget.

Click here to read this year’s tips: Holiday Shopping Tips for Consumers December 12

10 Responses to “Holiday Shopping Tips for YOU!!”

1. Keith Crumpler (@Keith_322) December 10, 2012 at 11:17 am #

What would be your opinion on shopping after the holidays (i.e. after 12/25).

• Evans on Marketing December 10, 2012 at 11:24 am #

There will be bargains after the holidays are over.

2. Greg Shapiro December 10, 2012 at 11:21 am #

I would add to the list, that if you have a smartphone use shopping apps like Redlaser. Which while shopping allows you to scan the barcode and see if the item is cheaper online or in a store near you. Some stores that price match will take the apps word that the item is cheaper in a competitor’s brick-and-mortar store and match the price for you.

3. Xiaming (Harry) Li December 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

Quite helpful tips! In this season, shopping may be a good recovery from the final.

4. Jason Reese December 10, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Great points. I know my company is planning our best promotions between now and Christmas eve. Our biggest online sales days tend to be 12/20-24.

One thing though…gifts aren’t about how much they cost. If you have finance a gift purchase (even at 0%), consider a lower cost alternative or something made by you! Even gifts handmade by someone else (like from Etsy) can mean a lot more than a cheapo digital camera.

5. sara (Jinyuan Huang) December 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

what a pity that this tips is so late! But still thanks to it.
    I’ve made more shopping on the black friday and cyber monday!!! But now, I know the sale is last for the whole month. How can I change my budget….

6. shuangshuang dai (@shuangshuangdai) December 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Thank you so much, this really help. This holiday, some of us will back to China, so we have to buy a lot of gifts, this shopping tips is benefit to us.

7. Konstantinos December 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

The problem with holiday shopping is the fact that you are starting to shopping for your family and friends without having a clear mind of what you are going to purchase for each one of them. This leads you to spend double the money you have budgeted in order to satisfy everyone.

8. Thomas Joseph December 19, 2012 at 3:36 am #

My only question is, with so many last minute shopper like myself, will companies be able to ship purchased gifts on time if the last week before Christmas seems to be the busiest online shopping week of the season? (For the sake of my parents not kicking me out of the house, I hope so)