Tonight’s 12-12-12 Music Concert to raise money for those affected by Superstorm Sandy will be the largest televised live event in entertainment history. It will be simulcast across the world and on TV. YOU may donate at www.121212concert.org.
The concert will feature an extraordinary assemblage of talent:
- Musical performers include Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Chris Martin, The Rolling Stones, Eddie Vedder, Roger Waters, Kanye West, The Who, and Paul McCartney.
- Non-musical performers include Steve Buscemi, Jessica Chastain, Chelsea Clinton, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Billy Crystal, Leo DiCaprio, Jimmy Fallon, Jake Gyllenhaal, Karlie Kloss, Seth Meyers, Bobby Moynihan, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Susan Sarandon, Jon Stewart, Kristen Stewart, Quentin Tarantino, and Brian Williams.
The “opening act” at 7:30 PM Eastern time will be Springsteen and the E Street Band so that the concert opens with a bang. That’s some opening act!!
The concert will be simulcast live for free on a huge number of media outlets, including:
- Television: AMC, AXS TV, BIO, Bloomberg, Cooking Channel, Destination America,Discovery Fit & Health, ENCORE, EPIX,FX Movie Channel, FEARnet, Fuse, G4, Hallmark Movie Channel, HBO, HBO Latino, IFC, ION Television, Lifetime Real Women, Live Well Network, Military History, MSG, MSG Plus, MUNDOFOX, NJTV, Palladia, PlumTV, SHOWTIME 2, Smithsonian Channel, Sundance Channel, THIRTEEN, VH1 Classic, WEtv, WLIW, WLNY, WPSG/The CW Philly, and Wealth TV.
- Radio: Numerous Clear Channel Communications stations nationwide, such as including WHYN-FM, Mix 93.1 in Springfield; WHCN-FM, The River 105.9 in Hartford; and WHBA-FM, The Harbor 101.7 in Boston. SiriusXM satellite radio will also air the concert.
- Streaming Web sites: Amctv.com, AOL, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, Clear Channel Outdoor, Cookingchannel.com, Crackle, epixHD.com, EW.com, Foxmoviechannel.com, NBA.com, Fuse.tv, Hulu, Ifc.com, iHeartRadio, InStyle.com, Livewellnetwork.com, MTV.com, Myspace, Ovationtv.com, People.com, Sundancechannel.com, Time.com, Vevo, VH1.com, Wetv.com, Yahoo, YouTube, and VH1.com.
- Movie theaters: Several theaters will show the concert.
From a marketing perspective, putting together the concert has been a marvel: assembling the talent, booking the venue, setting ticket prices and selling venue tickets (and getting StubHub to donate its profits), working out the logistics with performers and their equipment, acquiring time with all of the media (which are not charging for air time), promoting the event worldwide, etc. And all of this is being done through the Robin Hood Foundation — which will be donating ALL proceeds to Sandy victims and taking nothing for administrative costs.
So, this time, bravo to all of the marketers involved in this event. Thanks for doing good and doing it well. 🙂
Click on Sir Paul’s photo (no last name needed!) to visit 121212concert.org.