Meeting or exceeding customer expectations is an important key to a successful marketing strategy. In this post, we study the impact of customer expectations on customer satisfaction.
For further information on this topic, check out these prior posts:
- Enhancing the Customer Experience
- Disconnect Between Consumers and Companies
- Changing Customer Experience Expectations
In-Depth Review of the Impact of the Customer Expectations on Customer Satisfaction
To begin, we examine the concept of customer expectations. As by described by Salesforce:
Customer expectations include any set of behaviors or actions that individuals anticipate when interacting with a company. Historically, customers expected basics like quality service and fair pricing. But modern customers possess much higher expectations. Such as proactive service, personalized interactions, and connected experiences across channels.
surveyed over 550 US-based consumers to better understand what they expect from the customer experience. Where organizations fall short. And how expectations have shifted across generations. This research revealed that 79% of consumers say customer service is extremely important when deciding where to shop. Therefore, delivering on consumer expectations has never been more important.
In Kustomer’s report on its survey, readers can learn the following [Note: A free login is required.]:
- How to drive revenue through customer satisfaction
- The importance of providing service at the speed of light
- Why empathy and humanity are more important than ever
- The need for omnichannel, not multichannel, support
- What generational differences reveal about CX of the future
Now, consider this infographic from the report to see the impact of fulfilling expectations.
One thought on “%1$s”