As we have noted: A popular new concept is “influencer marketing.” What is it? And how should it be used? This post deals with 2018 influencer marketing trends.
What Is Influencer Marketing”
According to Evans on Marketing: “Influencer marketing is a BIG deal. With it, we target well-known individuals. Their effect on the purchase decision is high for some consumers (followers).”
“What does ‘influencer marketing’ mean you? Do you think of celebrities with product photos on Instagram? Or having a famous YouTuber run a contest? Why not send products to bloggers? And hope they do a nice review? Surely that’s not all marketers want from influencer relationships.”
“Think of brands working with or paying influential people to create content. And how that lifts brand credibility and reach.”
Click the links to read further:
- Influencer Marketing Coming of Age.
- How to Reach Influencers: Infographic.
- Stronger FTC Influencer Marketing Rules.
Key 2018 Influencer Marketing Trends
Now, we review 2018 influencer marketing trends.
“The popularity of influencer marketing rose 90x from 2013 to 2016. And it doubled the first nine months of 2017. Reasons range from their versatility (for all businesses) to their noninvasive nature. Because of this, we need to study trends.”
Thus, Michaels identities seven key 2018 trends:
- “Value of services to increase. Influencers are sought-after on social media. Witness the rise of accounts with thousands of followers. At the same time, more firms will use influencer marketing. Thus, demand for social media personalities increases the their service value.”
- “KPI and ROI measuring vital. With high demands on influencer campaigns, we want to measure key performance indicators (KPI) and return on investment (ROI). Thus, we expect new software and marketing platforms.”
- “The year of integration. 2018 will see brands combine different influencer types. Each group reaches a specific target. And that reaches more people.”
- “Video marketing critical for online audience. Video reduces me-too messages. And it is engaging.”
- “Lawsuits against brands and influencers. Influencers and brands are careful. Yet, in 2018 we expect lawsuits to grow.”
- “‘Fake’ influencers with bought followers. “For little cost, a social media user gets thousands of followers. They have a big fan base. But, they buy them.”
- “Instagram to surpass one billion users. Instagram is popular. in 2018, its influencer marketing will rise.”
Click the image to learn further.