Blogging can be rewarding in many ways. I write this as I hit post 340 on this blog (and 500 on my other blog on retailing). It can be a great way to connect to people around the world. But, it is time consuming, too.
If you are hesitant to become a blogger, here are several things to consider (from Rosalind Gardner):
- Do you enjoy communicating with people?
- Do you have a topic that interests you enough to talk about on an ongoing basis?
- Do you prefer to write, speak, or make videos?
- Do you enjoy learning new skills?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Do you have time to invest in your blog?
- Do you really want to be famous?
- Can you handle criticism?
- Are you patient and persistent?
- Do you have a sense of humor?
Click her photo to read more from Gardner on what it takes to be a blogger.
Thanks to KCJ for suggesting the Gardner tips