Niche marketing is a very specialized form of market segmentation. Therefore, let us consider how to create uniqueness through niche marketing.
To begin, look at these related articles:
- Do Consumers Really Know What They Want?
- The Benefits of Benefit Segmentation
- Reasons to Simplify Product Positioning
- Creating Meaningful Buyer Personas
- A Guide to Better Understanding Generation Z
Use Targeting to Create Uniqueness Through Niche Marketing
For today’s post, we turn to a discussion by Nick Schaferhoff, Editor in Chief at WebsiteSetup:
A niche market is a chunk of a larger market with distinctive characteristics. Such as price, demographics, psychographics, and geographics. You can define a niche market based on many different factors, including:
- Demographics (age, gender, income range, etc.)
- Geographics (specific city, country, or area)
- Psychographics (values, interests, lifestyle, etc.)
- Price (luxury, moderate, discount)
- Quality (premium, handmade, economical)
A good niche market combines high market demand, high-income potential, and low competition. It should also ideally something you are passionate about and have expertise in.
Here are the main advantages of focusing on a niche market:
- Less competition: When you have a highly specific offering, fewer companies offer the exact same one.
- Brand loyalty: Having well-defined target customers will allow you to better market to them. By applying personalization. Which leads to brand loyalty and increased customer retention.
- Lower marketing costs: Focusing on one customer segment requires a smaller investment. For both identifying and understanding your audience. Since you’ll only use channels and strategies that work for them.
- More visibility: Having a unique offering will make your brand stand out. As well as help you get featured in media outlets.
- Authority: Serving a niche market will position you as an expert in that space. Thus, your authority will become your competitive advantage.
Now, dig into the following infographic on niche marketing.