In an article at Careerealism.com, Chrissy Scivicque, the founder of founder of EatYourCareer.com, identified 20 “truths” to consider about one’s career.
Here are truths number 1 to 5. Click the image to see truths number 6-20:
- Almost everyone starts at the bottom. Regardless of what you think you deserve, you probably will, too.
- There are no “right” answers for finding career fulfillment. Every path is different; every destination unique.
- It’s not enough to be good at what you do. Talent and skill will only take you so far.
- Work is not separate from the rest of your life. Compartmentalization is a myth.
- Professional growth requires discomfort.