Hats Off to HAMA

13 Apr

Evans on Marketing:

The strength of marketing at the Zarb School! :-)

Originally posted on Zarb Means Business:

Each year, the American Marketing Association   (AMA) holds a collegiate conference in New Orleans for several hundred student chapters. This year, HAMA (Hofstra’s student AMA chapter) did extremely well at the conference.

According to faculty advisor, Dr. Rick Wilson: “I’m pleased to announce that at this weekend’s American Marketing Association’s 36th Annual International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, HAMA was awarded a spot in the coveted ‘Top 25′ list of best performing AMA chapters in North America. There are a total of 351 chapters.”

“In all, the chapter took home the following awards:

1. Top 25 Chapter status
  2. Outstanding Professional Development
  3. Outstanding Chapter Planning
  4. Outstanding Chapter Communications
  5. Honorable Mention for Marketing Week activities
  6. Honorable Mention for the Case Competition”

Here’s a photo of our winning team. Congratulations.

HAMA in New Orleans

View original

6 Responses to “Hats Off to HAMA”

1. HuDie-MKT249 April 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm #

Congrats!!! That’s awesome! I am so proud of them and as a student of Zarb Business School.

2. Katherine diamandis April 13, 2014 at 11:55 pm #

That’s so awesome. I actually know someone that went on that trip – she’s in my sorority. I know a lot of hard work got put into it. I am so proud that she was able to have that experience and that Hofstra was able to place!

3. Sabrina Cwenar April 16, 2014 at 12:48 am #

This is a great opportunity and experience for students to have participated in! My best friend is actually in this picture and she told me all about the conference. This is a awesome achievement for the Zarb Business School.

4. Corinne April 16, 2014 at 10:22 pm #

It is very cool to see that our business school is recognized this well! , I’m glad to see Hofstra students working hard and fulfilling their dreams as they prepare for their futures. This really surprised me as well as made me proud to say that I go to Hofstra.

5. brorke1 April 20, 2014 at 11:13 am #

The Hofstra American Marketing Association is such an awesome organization to take part in. I myself have been involved with the organization and I am always so impressed by the level of talent that exists within the group. It is amazing how well they represent the Zarb School of Business and Hofstra as a whole.

6. Nick Taddeo April 25, 2014 at 10:13 pm #

This is one more reason added to the long list of why I love being a student of the prestigious Hofstra University. I’m truly so proud to be apart of the Zarb School of Business. Congratulations! #PRIDE