Self branding — how we wanted to be perceived by employers, potential employers, peers, and others — is a major key to long-term career success.
With this in mind, here are a few questions:
- Can you summarize yourself professionally in 25 words or less?
- Do you have the skill set that employers want?
- Is your skill set distinctive?
- Do you regularly review and update your self positioning statement?
- Do you regularly add to your skill set?
- Is your self positioning statement well articulated at the top of your resume and at your LinkedIn profile?
- Do you seek out feedback on your LinkedIn profile?
- Is your self branding an honest reflection of yourself?
Here are some helpful posts that we have made on this topic. Take a look:
- It’s YOUR Career!!!!
- A Personalized Self-Assessment Infographic
- Advice from Warren Buffett
- Do You Regularly Check Yourself Out at Google?
- “How to Create a Personal Brand Without Being a Jerk”
- Do You Have A Strong Personal Brand?
- If Marketing Is Your Career, Would You Rather Be an Artist or a Scientist?
- Key Skills for a Long-Term Successful Marketing Career
- Do You Want a Career in Product Management?
- What Recruiters Look at During the 6 Seconds They Spend on Your Resume