Generally speaking, how good a networker are you? This post offers networking advice.
According to Merriam-Webster: Networking involves the exchange of information or services among individuals, groups, or institutions. Specifically, it may include the cultivation of productive relationships for employment or business.
Networking Advice Through Insightful Quotes
To acquire good advice on maximizing connections, we may turn to our peers, professional associations, LinkedIn, and other sources.
Sometimes, we may learn a lot by studying quotes from others.
Below, we present several of them, as compiled by Caroline Forsey, writing for HubSpot: “Pursuing opportunities to connect with industry leaders or professionals with varying interests and perspectives is critical to career growth. However, networking can be exhausting. And, at the end of a long work day, it might be the last thing you want to do. Thus, it’s important you muster up both the energy and the motivation to power through. To channel the confidence you need to make authentic connections.”
- “The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person’s needs ahead of their own.” — Bob Burg
- “You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want” — Zig Ziglar
- “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” — Brene Brown
- In fact, “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.” — Steve Jobs
- “Know where you want to go and make sure the right people know about it.” — Meredith Mahoney
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” — Michelle Obama
Click the image to read several more networking-related quotes.