When going on job interviews, regardless of the level of the position, presenting yourself as authentic is essential. Over-inflating your accomplishments or presenting an untrue depiction of your true self often backfires.
offers several valuable insights on this topic. How can a potential employer determine if an applicant is actually intelligent and not just a blowhard?
- Consider the time-scales they operate under. The shorter the axis they work on, the more likely they are a mimic.
- The ability to delay gratification (drugs, sex, etc.).
- The ability to simplify and deep dive.
- The ability to walk you through things step by step, without requiring great leaps.
- They spent .
- Intelligent people normally get excited when you ask them why or how, whereas mimics normally get frustrated.
- They can better than the people that disagree with them.
- They know how to focus and typically .
- They don’t waste a lot of time.
- They’ve failed.”
Now, take a a look at this short video clip from Inc. And click here to read more from Inc.