Due to COVID-19, Thanksgiving 2020 saw more limited family gatherings. With travel way down. In 2021, Thanksgiving represents a more festive time. Due to fewer concerns about travel and family gatherings. So, let’s be upbeat about Thanksgiving 2021.
Fun Facts: Be Upbeat about Thanksgiving 2021
For this post, we turn to WalletHub:
However you plan to celebrate Thanksgiving and the holiday shopping season, we’ve got you covered. WalletHub takes an in-depth look at Thanksgiving’s humble roots. And its evolution over time. The infographic below shows all kinds of Thanksgiving facts, from how much we spend to how much we eat.
For 2021, WalletHub expects the following:
- $312. Average person’s spending over the five-day Thanksgiving period.
- 10 Hrs. 2 Mins.: Length of time the average American male would need to spend on the treadmill to burn the 4,500 calories consumed at the average Thanksgiving meal.
- $604+ Million: Estimated amount Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year, with 46 million turkeys killed for the holiday.
- $26 Million: Amount of property loss caused by residential building fires each Thanksgiving.
- 46%: Share of people celebrating Thanksgiving who try to avoid having to talk politics at the dinner table.
- 65%: Share of Americans who expect COVID-19 to impact their Thanksgiving celebrations this year (only 15% expect the impact to be significant).
Now, check out more fun facts in the infographic.