Each year, we commemorate Labor Day in the United States. It falls on the first Monday in September. With that in mind, we wish you happy Labor Day 2021. Despite our ups and downs of COVID-19, this holiday is well worth celebrating.
Please be safe and smart. 🙂
In Words and Images: Have a Happy Labor Day 2021
The Industrial Revolution of the 18th and 19th centuries brought a vast array of jobs and commerce to the United States. However, it didn’t bring appropriate pay, safety regulations, or guidelines for the number of hours worked. The average American worked 12-hour days, seven days a week at the height of the Industrial Revolution. And It wasn’t uncommon to see young children involved with hard labor in harsh working conditions for minuscule pay.
People noticed these poor conditions. Then. labor unions slowly started to form. And fight for American workers’ rights to fair pay, fair hours, and safe working conditions. They organized strikes and rallies. During this heady time, the idea for Labor Day was formed. Designed as a day of well-deserved acknowledgment for the contributions that American workers made to our country. The first Labor Day parade occurred in New York City on September 5, 1882..
Inspiring Quotes for Labor Day
- “No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” (Donovan Bailey)
- “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” (Dale Carnegie)
- “I used to work extremely hard and didn’t really achieve a lot of tangible things. But when I started working extremely smart, the gates of abundant blessings opened up for me.” (Edmond Mbiaka)
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” (Mahatma Gandhi
- “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” (Michelle Obama)
- “Your work will fill a large part of your life. And the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” (Steve Jobs)
- “Without labor nothing prospers.” (Sophocles)