Why is Glassdoor’s 2018 Best U.S. Employers list so popular? Because it is based on opinions of real employees and their feelings about their work environment. Great firms equal happy employees. However, we may find ourselves in a not so pleasant situation. Either on the job or in our personal life. As a result, we need to know how to better deal with difficult people.
Before we introduce a valuable infographic, consider these interesting quotes from famous observers:
- “The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is the knack of getting along with people.” (Theodore Roosevelt — president)
- “Do not forget small kindnesses and do not remember small faults.” (Chinese Proverb)
- “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” (Confucius — philosopher)
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming more interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.” (Dale Carnegie — self-help guru)
- “A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.” (John Tillotson — Archbishop of Canterbury)
How to Better Deal with Difficult People
Now we come to the topic of today’s post. How to better deal with difficult people.
“The intimidators. The slackers. The credit-takers. The “I actually have another favor to ask”-ers. We’ve all encountered a difficult colleague in some form or another. In fact, experts estimate that between 6o and 80 percent of reported difficulties at work are caused primarily by strained relationships with coworkers.”
Research shows that getting along with the people you work with is vitally important — for your firm’s overall productivity, and your own personal sense of happiness and fulfillment. But working closely in potentially stressful situations doesn’t always bring out the best in people, so it’s important to know how to address and de-escalate conflicts before they impact your quality of life — or compromise your job.”
In the following infographic are NINE tips from NetCredit.