Warren Buffett, the multi-billionnaire, is the chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway – which owns GEICO, Lubrizol, Dairy Queen, Fruit of the Loom, Helzberg Diamonds, and NetJets, among other holdings. As such, Buffett is often sought out for his advice.
Recently, Buffett spent time at an “Office Hours” session with Levo League, a networking and career advice site. As reported by Vivian Giang and Lynne Gu for Business Insider, here are several of Buffett’s key life and career tips:
- Find your passion. “Never give up searching for the job that you’re passionate about.”
- Be careful who you look up to. “If you tell me who your heroes are, I’ll tell you how you’re gonna turn out. It’s really important in life to have the right heroes.”
- Learn how to communicate effectively. “I became associated with the 30 other people in a Dale Carnegie class. We couldn’t stand up in front of a group and say our own name. I mean it was — we were — it was pathetic. But that class changed my life in a big way.”
- Develop healthy habits by studying people.”Pick the person that has the right habits, that is cheerful, generous, gives other people credit for what they do.”
- Learn how to say ‘no.’ “You won’t keep control of your time, unless you can say ‘no.’ You can’t let other people set your agenda in life.”
- Don’t work for someone who won’t pay you fairly. “I do very little negotiation with people. And they do little with me.”
- Become involved with growing businesses. “I mean, you want to get on a train that’s going to go 90 miles an hour and not one that’s gonna go 30 miles an hour.”
- Learn everything you can about your industry. “Buffett says he reads six hours every day because he believes that growing your intellectual perspective will also help you critically solve future problems that may arise.”
Click the image to read more.
Post suggested by KCJ