We spend so much time on business-to-consumer marketing, that we sometimes underappreciate the importance of business-to-business marketing. The best companies do understand the role of B2B marketing.
As Jen Agustin reports for Bizo: “Marketers are realizing that branding is a strategy not just for the Coca-Cola’s and Nike’s of the B2C world. Branding does indeed matter in the B2B buying process. Because prospects are waiting longer before engaging with salespeople, marketers need to use branding to get their companies, products, and services out there as early as possible in order to earn a spot on the evaluation shortlist later on. This means getting in front of the right people before they even realize they have a business challenge to solve.”
Consider the following infographic.
Self branding — how we wanted to be perceived by employers, potential employers, peers, and others — is a major key to long-term career success.
With this in mind, here are a few questions:
- Can you summarize yourself professionally in 25 words or less?
- Do you have the skill set that employers want?
- Is your skill set distinctive?
- Do you regularly review and update your self positioning statement?
- Do you regularly add to your skill set?
- Is your self positioning statement well articulated at the top of your resume and at your LinkedIn profile?
- Do you seek out feedback on your LinkedIn profile?
- Is your self branding an honest reflection of yourself?
Here are some helpful posts that we have made on this topic. Take a look:
- It’s YOUR Career!!!!
- A Personalized Self-Assessment Infographic
- Advice from Warren Buffett
- Do You Regularly Check Yourself Out at Google?
- “How to Create a Personal Brand Without Being a Jerk”
- Do You Have A Strong Personal Brand?
- If Marketing Is Your Career, Would You Rather Be an Artist or a Scientist?
- Key Skills for a Long-Term Successful Marketing Career
- Do You Want a Career in Product Management?
- What Recruiters Look at During the 6 Seconds They Spend on Your Resume
Do you want to improve yourself? Would you like to have a “failure-resistant brain”? Well, sometimes we need to think outside the box and be open minded.
According to Nathalie Nahai, Chief Editor of The Web Psychologist: “Here [below] is an infographic that gives you 8 secrets revealing how to create a failure-resistant brain, based on the experiences of winning personalities and how they made their way to the top – including celebrities B.B. King, Laura Linney, and Olympian Kerri Strug, and other fantastic people ranging from an FBI agent and fighter pilot to a high-altitude window washer.”
Take a look at Nahai’s interesting infographic, which was produced by A Winning Personality.
A while back, we wrote about the “Career Happiness Index.”
Now, here’s a new infographic geared to career happiness and younger adults. Take a look.
More and more companies have been using “big data” to gain further insights into their marketing activities. As Graham Stewart puts it: “Successful marketers have figured out how to use data to squeeze billions more from marketing and help their companies grow.”
Take a look at this infographic.