Just like their larger counterparts, small business owners expect their channel partners (especially the manufacturers and suppliers with which they interact) to provide superior customer service. They do not want to be neglected or overlooked.
According to a February 2014 study by Cargo and Toluna (as reported by eMarketer): “Nearly half (47.3%) of small business owners (SBOs) said that poor customer service was the most common mistake brands made. Marketers must make an effort to relate to SBOs: Talking at SBOs (instead of with them), as well as failing to understand their businesses, were also big no-nos, cited by 44.7% and 40.7%, respectively.”
Click the chart to learn more.
We could literally write a post every day about the developments in consumer technology. There are that many innovations being introduced into the marketplace.
John Brandon, a contributing editor at Inc. magazine, discusses seven eye-catching products that will be appearing soon. What do YOU think?
- HP 3D Printer
- Project Ara (a mobile phone whose components will snap together)
- Vanguard ID Systems ViewTag (a programmable luggage tag that tracks the luggage)
- Apple iPhone 6 (a “phablet” with a longer battery life)
- Intel RealSense (a 3D camera for laptops, tablets, and other devices that senses finger movements, reads facial reactions, and listens to your voice)
- 802.11ai Wi-Fi (faster and easier to connect to a network)
- Android Wear Smartwatch
Click the image to read more detail on Brandon’s creative picks.