Research giant Nielsen annually examines thousands of new product introductions.
As part of its analysis, Nielsen has identified its 2014 U.S. Breakthrough Innovation Winners: “These diverse new products carry the common thread of finding and filling unmet consumer needs while demonstrating that with significant effort, game-changing innovation is possible in any category and by all types of companies.” The products are all commonly found in the supermarket.
The winning products were all introduced in 2012. We have inserted direct links to these products:
- Angry Orchard Hard Cider, The Boston Beer Co.
- Barcel Takis, Barcel USA
- Bud Light Lime Ritas, Anheuser-Busch
- Depend Silhouette Briefs for Women and Depend Real Fit Briefs for Men, Kimberly-Clark
- Febreze Car Vent Clip, Procter & Gamble
- Gevalia Kaffe Retail Coffee, Kraft Foods
- International Delight Iced Coffee, The WhiteWave Foods Co.
- Meow Mix Tender Centers, Big Heart Pet Brands
- Mucinex Fast-Max, Reckitt Benckiser
- Nabisco belVita Breakfast Biscuits, Mondelez Global LLC
- Nature Valley Protein Bars, General Mills
- Sargento Ultra Thin Slices, Sargento Foods
- Tide Pods, Procter & Gamble
- ZzzQuil, Procter & Gamble
Many companies have had a major impact on business practices and our lives. And a lot of these companies have endured for a century or more.
Recently, Fortune published a list of 27 companies that have changed the world over the last century-plus.
Sorry, Apple fans — but Apple ranks only 16th on the list!
Click the image to see the full list. :-)
For the tenth year, a major award for the best firms in CRM has been given by 1to1Media, this time in conjunction with Gartner.
Click here to read a summary about the 2014 Gartner &1to1 Media CRM Excellence awards.
And click the image to read the full report.
After a slow period caused by the Great Recession, annual U.S. advertising expenditures are seeing their biggest increase in about ten years — and things look good through 2018.
As eMarketer reports:
“Total media ad spending in the U.S. this year will see its largest increase in a decade, according to new figures from eMarketer. On the strength of gains in mobile and TV advertising, total ad investments will jump 5.3% to reach $180.12 billion, achieving 5% growth for the first time since 2004, when ad spending increased 6.7%.”
Click the chart to read more.
In the slideshow below, learn about the vast range of job possibilities in marketing, the kinds of organizations that employ marketers, and annual compensation for many marketing-related jobs.
Happy Fourth of July. Looking for something to do this morning?
Think you know product management? Try out this 10-item quiz.
Let us know how you do. (No cheating: The answers are on slide two.)