Are You Prepared for This Type of Hacking?

13 Apr

More scary stuff!

According to CNN Money: “The Shodan search engine allows anyone to search for anything connected to the Internet and if security settings are not turned on, take control of the device.”

Click the image to view a video clip.

9 Responses to “Are You Prepared for This Type of Hacking?”

1. Alex April 13, 2013 at 1:28 pm #

As was said in the video, it is ultimately the user’s fault for having a lack of security. This also doesn’t seem like anything new as the case has always been with something, somewhere connected to the internet is always at risk without security.

2. stephanieross1 April 14, 2013 at 3:37 pm #

It’s scary to think that anyone can search anything related to the Internet. Whatever is posted online can be available for everyone to see. So, it is the responsibility of the Internet user to be wary of what they post online because it could be traced down by someone else. I secure my privacy settings when I’m online because I know the risks of getting hacked. Unfortunately, these things do happen, but it’s articles like these that keep reminding us to check our privacy settings.

3. Jeremy M April 14, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

I never thought about the possibility of someone hacking into a traffic light/traffic light camera. It is crazy to know that there are search engines that facilitate the hacking process. I agree with Alex that every time you connect to the Internet that you are subject to being hacked. Not many people are aware that their personal information is always at stake.

4. Christopher Brooks April 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

I always knew that people could hack many things online but it is crazy to think that basically everything connected to the internet can be hacked into. I feel like many people are aware of hacking but just do not believe it is going to happen to them. It is a scary thought though that people can hack into many important things that could have devastating results.

5. Brianna Coyle April 15, 2013 at 6:02 pm #

I’ve never realized how scary hacking can get. There is so much information on the internet that anyone can get their hands on. I definitely agree with Christopher. People don’t think that it will happen to them. People need to think more about the “what if” and take security measures. As the internet grows with information, hackers grow in their ability to get that information.

6. Meemi.com April 16, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net, except I know I am getting familiarity every
    day by reading such nice posts.

7. Lingling Li April 23, 2013 at 11:46 am #

We call it “Human flesh search engine” in China. Honestly, it doesn’t bother me that much. Because I got no skeleton in the closet. However, I do hate spammers! They stole my e-mail and sent me all kinds of commercials. My tip is, never trust “we will keep your personal information safe/secret”. Most of them are lying. I started to create different emails for different uses online. Much better…

8. Belle May 1, 2013 at 3:36 am #

I think this is among the most significant info for me. And
    i’m glad reading your article. However want to remark on few normal issues, The site taste is perfect, the articles is truly great : D. Good process, cheers

9. Jiaqi Sun May 4, 2013 at 11:18 pm #

Today’s technology develop so fast, nothing is safe anymore. I remember my mother would never email or text me her personal information, because she always tells me about we never know whos gonna hack into our devices and take all the personal information. I always feel like im just a student and why people would take my information and its no good for anybody, after I read this post I need to be careful with my devices. We never know what’s gonna happen in the future with our own privacy.